Encinitas Ranch Community Association April 2021 Update
Tree Trimming Tips
Recommendations For A Great Looking Lawn
Below is an article written by BrightView that provides some great suggestions on avoiding problems with animals digging up your yard hunting for grubs along with advice on aerating your lawn to improve the health of the grass and keep it looking green.
Crime Prevention Tips
This email article is intended to reinforce information shared with the community in the past about crime prevention.
The Board of Directors continues to work closely with the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department and their crime prevention unit. They have also made a number of visits to homes within our community to review home security measures and to participate in Neighborhood Watch organizational meetings.
There are however, limits to what the homeowners association can do. Law enforcement and the HOA cannot overcome crime without the support of homeowners individually and as a community. The homeowner association is responsible to prevent and address crime in the common areas. The individual homeowners are responsible to secure their own homes and property.
Analysis of crimes in our community reveal that the vast majority of them are “crimes of opportunity” and preventable.
The following are some tips and hints to optimize the security of your own homes and property:
Help With Keeping Our Parkway Trees From Being Damaged
Reminder of the City Noise Ordinance For Leaf Blowers
- Prohibits the use of all gas-powered leaf blowers citywide in January 2020;
- Allows for the use of electric or battery-powered leaf blowers;
- Requires responsible use of blower equipment to control dust and noise;
- Restricts leaf blower hours of operation to between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and between 12:00 noon and 5:00 p.m. on Sundays; and
- Provides for a phased-in operative date schedule (summarized below).