During National Crime Prevention Month, we thought we would share the five elements known to prevent neighborhood crime. First up – detectability – the ability to see and be seen. Light up the night at your house.
• A little light at night goes a long way.
• The number one deterrent to crime is the ability to see and be seen. If someone must stand in a light to tamper with something, they feel like they can be seen… and identified.
• When it starts to get dark, lights should start to come on.
• Put lights on timers or sensors.
• Outside lights should go off when it starts to get light.
• Inside lights should go off when you would normally go to bed.
Stay tuned for our next tip.